If you are looking for a bike, you should check out the UC Davis Bikes For Sale page on Facebook. There are some great deals that definitely beat spending $100’s on a new bike.
So apparently my school’s police station has an Instagram. They posted a picture of a new thing and another school’s police department commented on it. I’m laughing so hard omg.
Another good study spot to add to my list is Judy’s Grinders located on E street. Good specials and friendly staff
Cargo coffee actually got shut down. My former roommate worked there and yeah, its closed but the huts are still there.
Ohhhh I see. Thanks I will make sure to update!
Barista Brew Cafe
So I am not really too sure what you are asking for? Places for coffee or studying? So I will list both!
Places For Coffee On Campus:
- Biobrew (SciLab)
- Starbucks (Silo/Arc)
- Coffee huts throughout campus
- C stores (Trudys, Junction, and Crossroads)
- CoHo (I personally like their coffee and tea)
Places For Coffee Off Campus (Downtown):
One of the things I love most about the Davis campus is its proximity to downtown.
- Barista Brew (G and 5th): they have happy hour $2.50 coffee drinks from 2-5PM.
- Mishka’s (2nd Street).
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea (E street)
- Starbucks (F Street)
- Delta of Venus (B Street)
- Pachamama Coffee (1st Street): Farmer owned company.
- Let Them Eat Cake (C Street)
- Dutch Bros
Places to Study on Campus:
- Peter J. Shields Library
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Library
- The Silo
- Tercero Main Lounge
- The Quad
- The CoHo
- The Arboretum
- The Arc
- Griffin Lounge (inside the MU)
- The SCC (Student Community Center)
- The basement of Olson
- Wellman Hall
- Giedt Hall
- Kemper Hall
- An empty classroom in a lecture hall
I could go on and on. There are many spots throughout campus… literally in almost every building on campus.
Places to Study Off Campus (Downtown):
- Davis Public Library
- Davis Square
- Again The Arboretum
- Any of the coffee places mentioned above.
- Davis Commons (Whole Foods, The Melt, Pluto’s, Mikuni’s, Habit Burger): There is a lovely outdoor area.
Grab a Beer or Bite To Eat Study Spots (Downtown):
- 3rd and U Cafe (3rd Street)
- de Vere’s Pub (E Street)
- Ali Baba (3rd Street)
- Pho King 4 (3rd Street)
- again Delta of Venus (B Street)
- again… Let Them Eat Cake (C Street)
- Cloud Forest Cafe (D Street)
- Crepeville (3rd and C Street)
- Woodstocks Pizza (G Street)
- Bambu (E Street)
- Open Rice Kitchen (G Street): Great deals.
- Thai Canteen (E Street)
- Original Steve’s (F Street)
These are some of my personal favorites. With that said, there are many, many options!
Obviously some cafes and restaurants may get annoyed if you occupy a table for hours and order the bare minimum. So do be courteous and aware, and make sure to tip well! ^_^
When you get to class with a minute to spare and all the seats are taken except that one in the middle of the lecture hall….
Dutch Bros. Coffee in Davis, CA
4.5 stars on Yelp
$3.75 for this medium-sized blended Kicker. It contains coffee and delicious Irish cream. I’m a big fan of all the blended coffee drinks I’ve tried here (including Annihilator, Caramelizer, and Cocomo). If I could, I would give them 1000000000000000000000 stars for their coffee quality and flavor. The caffeine, however, is a hit or miss, so I’ll either be very awake or ktfo. Nevertheless, Dutch Bros. has always been my friend on those sleepless college exam nights, so I love them.